Peter Hucker
PMD
2005-07-09 03:43:52 UTC
Good Idea, or make a feather bower when their feathers fall out and
sell
them. ;o)
Actually Mista, that's not a bad idea, why don't you collect the
feathers
and sell them in the crafts part??
The only ones that make a decent amount of money are Scarlet Macaw
tail
feathers. But there are stupid regulations on selling parts of
endangered
animals, and ebay staff are really thick when it comes to banned
substances.
Is selling real feathers banned? It isn't like your gonna pluck them
off.
Only if they are from endangered birds. There is no logical reasoning.
Bollocks, it's to protect them from being exploited in the same way
ivory is banned.
Guilty until proven innocent eh?
It's to prevent twats from killing them for their feathers. Obvious, one
would of thought.
--
~PMD~
*****
PMD
2005-07-09 17:08:28 UTC
<snip>
Post by PMD
Is selling real feathers banned? It isn't like your gonna pluck them
off.
Only if they are from endangered birds. There is no logical reasoning.
Bollocks, it's to protect them from being exploited in the same way
ivory is banned.
Guilty until proven innocent eh?
It's to prevent twats from killing them for their feathers. Obvious, one
would of thought.
Take ivory traders - they catch the poachers in the act. Nothing to do
with the ivory being illegal.
I have Ivory, Grandad went to africa in 1980 and brought us back ivory
carved heads that the Africans made for him. I know it's illegal to sell
them but they would be worth a small fortune now.
It's ok to sell them, it's just new ivory but the trade is still there.
--
~PMD~
*****
Wobblemetits
2005-07-09 17:13:24 UTC
Post by PMD
<snip>
Post by PMD
Is selling real feathers banned? It isn't like your gonna pluck them
off.
Only if they are from endangered birds. There is no logical reasoning.
Bollocks, it's to protect them from being exploited in the same way
ivory is banned.
Guilty until proven innocent eh?
It's to prevent twats from killing them for their feathers. Obvious, one
would of thought.
Take ivory traders - they catch the poachers in the act. Nothing to do
with the ivory being illegal.
I have Ivory, Grandad went to africa in 1980 and brought us back ivory
carved heads that the Africans made for him. I know it's illegal to sell
them but they would be worth a small fortune now.
It's ok to sell them, it's just new ivory but the trade is still there.
I'll probably pass them on now, rather than sell them.
Wobble
PMD
2005-07-09 17:23:04 UTC
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
<snip>
Post by PMD
Is selling real feathers banned? It isn't like your gonna pluck them
off.
Only if they are from endangered birds. There is no logical reasoning.
Bollocks, it's to protect them from being exploited in the same way
ivory is banned.
Guilty until proven innocent eh?
It's to prevent twats from killing them for their feathers. Obvious, one
would of thought.
Take ivory traders - they catch the poachers in the act. Nothing to do
with the ivory being illegal.
I have Ivory, Grandad went to africa in 1980 and brought us back ivory
carved heads that the Africans made for him. I know it's illegal to sell
them but they would be worth a small fortune now.
It's ok to sell them, it's just new ivory but the trade is still there.
I'll probably pass them on now, rather than sell them.
I've got an ebony elephant with ivory tusks as my grandad was Indiana
Jones. No really, he was a hero.
--
~PMD~
*****
Wobblemetits
2005-07-09 17:51:22 UTC
Post by PMD
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
<snip>
Post by PMD
[...]
Why what did he do?
Wobble
PMD
2005-07-09 18:14:26 UTC
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
<snip>
Post by PMD
[...]
He was a gold miner and he was a lifeguard on Blackpool beach with his
mate and future Hollywood star/Olympic champion Johnny Weismuller (Tarzan).
--
~PMD~
*****
PMD
2005-07-09 18:51:05 UTC
Post by PMD
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
<snip>
Post by PMD
[...]
Really? This was mine :)
http://www.hullcc.gov.uk/hullinprint/archive/febmar2005/final_respects.php
"A loveable rogue" Like Grandad, like grandaughter.
--
~PMD~
*****
Wobblemetits
2005-07-09 20:04:17 UTC
Post by PMD
Post by PMD
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
Post by Wobblemetits
Post by PMD
<snip>
Post by PMD
[...]
Stop flattering me, I'll have to Wobble means what Wobble say's ;o)
--
Wobble